Original Air Date: December 7, 2021
Two of the country's leading health care systems re-imagined the post-discharge patient journey in ways that are driving quality, cost-effective care, and an excellent patient experience. Hear learnings and insights from Ron Austin of AMITA Health, and Ryan Catignani of Beaumont Health from their conversation with Signify Health’s EVP of Clinical Operations, Laurel Douty.
Topics covered include:
- An overview of AMITA Health’s strategic approach to home-based recovery through its ‘Why Not Home’ initiative
- How a collaborative rather than prescriptive approach to care (re)design in the post-discharge environment factored into program results
- A look at Beaumont Health’s focus on and approach to its performance network strategy, and as an important success lever
- How the Covid-19 pandemic and today’s industry workforce challenges impacted each organization's efforts to support patient recovery following discharge
- How social care coordination helps with at-home patient stabilization and minimizes readmissions